Orzo Pasta Salad
Full of savory flavor and texture, this orzo pasta salad is easily customizable to suit your taste. Little chewy orzo pasta is tossed with a few handfuls of arugula, crumbled feta, marinated artichoke hearts, shallot and oily sundried tomatoes. For this recipe, we did away with any measurements and are instead leaving it up to you: Use as much or as little of each ingredient as sounds good. And if you’re not a fan of something or have other ingredients on hand, swap it out! This super simple pasta salad might also be tasty with oily roasted red peppers, briny kalamata olives, or crunchy cucumbers.
Then, it’s classically seasoned with a drizzle of your favorite extra virgin olive oil, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and a sprinkle of salt and freshly cracked pepper. Just a touch of each should be sufficient— But again, this recipe is meant to inspire and can be changed around as you see fit! In fact, if you find yourself so inclined, add a pinch or two of red pepper flakes to spice things up a notch.
Orzo Pasta Salad
- 1 lb orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions (we recommend a brown rice orzo pasta, chickpea orzo pasta, or a high-quality organic orzo)
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- Shallot, thinly sliced
- Sundried tomatoes in oil, chopped, + a few spoonfuls of the oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked orzo with your desired amount of arugula, feta, artichokes, shallot, and sundried tomatoes and their oil.
- Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss again to coat.